List:       monetdb-users
Subject:    Re: [MonetDB-users] Problem with Create Tables
From:       Stefan Manegold <Stefan.Manegold () cwi ! nl>
Date:       2011-06-03 8:36:38

Dear Lowterm,

a final polite attempt from our side to provide some constructive help:

As far as we know and Martin already pointed out, the SQL:2003 standard, and
hence MonetDB, which in contrast to some other RDBMSs tries to closely
follow the SQL:2003 standard, does neither support implicit trigger
definitions nor "KEY" definitions other than primary and foreign keys.

For explicit trigger definition see our documentation at
http://www.monetdb.org/Documentation/Manuals/SQLreference/Triggers .
For constraint definitions other than primary and foreign keys see our
documentation at
http://www.monetdb.org/Documentation/Manuals/SQLreference/TableConstraints

In addition you are more than welcome to use your favorite documentation of
the SQL:2003 standard.

Kind regards,
Stefan

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 07:59:35AM -0700, Lowterm wrote:

> This is very interesting that you send me back again a link, instead of
> giving me a resonable response. I have no desire or time for solution of a
> problem, why you are there, to read for hours on your unhelpful
> documentation.
>

> --

| Stefan.Manegold @ CWI.nl | DB Architectures (INS1) |
| http://CWI.nl/~manegold/ | Science Park 123 (L321) |
| Tel.: +31 (0)20 592-4212 | 1098 XG Amsterdam  (NL) |