List:       monetdb-users
Subject:    Re: [MonetDB-users]
From:       Jens_Oehlschlägel <joehl () web ! de>
Date:       2009-01-23 15:52:54

Thanks Stefan,

> with loading ~1.5 GB on a 32 bit machine, there is a reasonable chance that
> the loading process (that needs to be able to address all data concurrently)
> comes close to or even hits the 32-bit (i.e., max. 4 GB, possibly only 2 GB)
> address space limit.

Does this limitation refers to the size of the data that I am adding per COPY INTO \
(was 0.2 GB) or the final size of the table (was at 1.9). Assuming the latter this \
would give a hard limit for table size under Win32. If this is the case, a workaround \
could be partioning the data into several tables. What is more efficient in MonetDB: \
chunks of rows at full columns width or chunks of columns at full row length?

> Would it be possible that you could provide us with your data?
> That would help us a lot to analyze, locate and hopefully fix the crash...

I give you access by seperate mail, you can also create the test data file using the \
R script snippet in my previous mail.

Have a nice weekend

Jens