List:       monetdb-users
Subject:    [MonetDB-users] MonetDb comparison Data Load
From:       "Prometheus WillSurvive" <prometheus.willsurvive () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-19 12:58:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Dear Developers-Users,

First of all I would like to thanks all of your afforts to birng us these DB
technologies and a platform for openly discussion.

We are consulting big sized customers and deploying their data search
technologies.

Total size is around 1 petabytes daily . (total of our customers number ) .

Their data size starts 1 TB (9.000.000.000 lines cvs)  to 100 TB. so we have
different size of customer base.

We are looking opensource db solutions for a while due to lack of support
and technological cumbersome of the current commercial solutions.

We have 3 test customer now :

1-1 TB data dailiy read only purposes. 9.000.000.000 cvs file should be load
to database . Data should be load to the database max 2 hours. after that
comlex crm analitic queries. max 10 concurrent user/queries.  database will
be daily and wil not grow dailiy. so limit is 1 TB data load.

2-10 TB data daily. same as above ..

3-50 TB data stabil. will not grow.

So we are looking for a solutions:

*Fast data loading. How fast we load data to the MonetDB ? Is it could be
multithreaded data loading possible ?

*Is it possible to MPP ? can we add more server to share cpu resources and
decrease the load time ?

what is the best HW solution for above first customer ? Do we need still fat
enterrprise servers or what ?

We are also looking for InfoBright, Vertica and also Luciddb. VErtica is not
opensource so out of the list.

Infobright seems not giving its full power in the opensource..

Also we heard about the MonetDB X100  and interested.

After 3 months succefully test we will support monetDB developer if its
solved our problems. We can pay .

Best Regards

W.S