List:       monetdb-developers
Subject:    [Monetdb-developers] About MonetDB query optimize
From:       "=?gbk?B?eGl4aQ==?=" <370841374 () qq ! com>
Date:       2010-09-17 5:42:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

Dear all,
   Hello,Recently I am intersting in query optimize, and have know that most \
database's query optimizing methods contain two £º1. Rule Base Optimizer;  2.Cost \
Base Optimizer. I also know that MonetDB has two-level optimizing ,one is relation \
algebra optimize and the other is MAL optimize when interprets a sql.  I understand \
relation algebra optimize is no relationship with the column-oriented special query \
optimize.MAL optimizer may be some relationship with the column-oriented special \
query optimize. So I want to ask :MAL optimize is also contain Rule Base Optimizer \
and Cost Base Optimizer? which optimizers is the special query optimizer for the \
column-oriented and not for tuple-oriented database?  Best regards!