List:       monetdb-developers
Subject:    Re: [Monetdb-developers] Question on monetdb PHP support
From:       Niels Nes <Niels.Nes () cwi ! nl>
Date:       2008-06-17 6:31:39

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 02:38:39PM -0700, Rt Ibmer wrote:
> I am building Monetdb using the stable nightly builds.
>
> I would like to write queries against Monetdb using PHP. I came across this in the \
> docs and have two questions about it:
> ----------------
> The unix configure process normally tries to detect if you have PHP including \
> developer packages installed and builds the PHP module only if you have it. With \
> the --with-php option you could tell 'configure' where to find the PHP \
>                 installation.
> ----------------
>
> 1) Regarding "detect if you have PHP including developer packages" - can you please \
> tell me what packages exactly MonetDB will look for.  Obviously it wants the main \
> php package. But I am not sure what development packages I need to install so that \
> Monetdb will build in the PHP support and make me the DB/monetdb.php file.  I am \
> using Fedora 8.  What yum packages (or equiv) should I have installed for this?
php
and
php-devel

> 2) Regarding the "--with-php" compile option - which of the PHP base directories \
> would I want to point the build .sh script for MonetDb at?

The configure documentation (configure --help) is a bit more out spoken

  --with-php=<value>      PHP support (yes/no/auto)
  --with-php-config=FILE  Path to php-config script
  --with-php-extensiondir=DIR
                          relative path for php extension directory
(where php
                          modules should be installed)

Niels

url: http://www.cwi.nl/~niels   e-mail: Niels.Nes@cwi.nl