List:       monetdb-announce
Subject:    [Monetdb-announce] Announcement: New Apr2011-SP2 bugfix release of
From:       Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd () acm ! org>
Date:       2011-07-29 9:19:02

The MonetDB team at CWI/MonetDB BV is pleased to announce the
Apr2011-SP2 bug fix release of the MonetDB suite of programs.

This is the first release with support for Fedora 15.  Fedora 13 is no
longer supported.

One important bug fix has to do with columns with string (char/varchar)
values.  There was a bug that could cause exponential growth of the file
holding the data for the column.  This bug has been fixed.  If you have
a database that is much larger than you would expect for the amount of
data, this might be the cause.  The remedy is to dump and restore that
database (or just the affected tables).  Apart from using up too much
space, this bug didn't have any other consequences.

More information (including release notes) on this release is available
at <http://www.monetdb.org/OldReleaseNotes/Apr2011>.

As usual, the download location is <http://dev.monetdb.org/downloads/>.

--
Sjoerd Mullender