List:       mondrian
Subject:    [Mondrian] Customizing XMLA response
From:       "Matt Campbell" <mkambol () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-10 16:30:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

We use an XMLA client (Cognos) which has recently started requiring some
minor modifications to the XMLA response.  Cognos expects that the name
attribute of HierarchyInfo has square brackets around it, like:

    <HierarchyInfo name="[Admit Day of Week]">
Also, it expects LAST_DATA_UPDATE to be populated.

Does anyone have opinions about how to deal with such slight differences in
expectations from XMLA clients?  We could add a new property that governs
whether HierarchyInfo has square brackets or not.  That does mean yet
another property that won't apply to the majority of Mondrian use, however.

An alternative would be to allow replacing or extending the
DefaultXmlaResponse with a custom class that addresses any differences like
these.