List:       mon
Subject:    Is Mon running correctly?
From:       "Chance Ervin" <cervin () intelenet ! net>
Date:       2004-03-31 19:29:13

I seem to get mon up and running, and alerts do come to me but I do have
questions about startup and shutdown of the mon daemon.

When I start it up using the start script I get the following:

Starting mon daemon: (but it just hangs there)

Is supposed to start, spawn its processes, and exit?

The way I have been doing it is to is to start the process in the
background, but I don't think that's actually the way it's supposed to be
done.

Stopping mon I get the following:

Stopping mon daemon: [FAILED]
[  OK  ]
[1]+  Done                    ./mon start

Mon being the actual start script I renamed and placed in /etc/init.d

Thank you.