List:       mon
Subject:    Re: Checking disk space via SNMP: which monitor?
From:       Andrew Ryan <andrewr () nam-shub ! com>
Date:       2001-09-17 17:19:50

At 03:38 PM 9/17/01 +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>It seems I can choose between three "contrib" monitors to watch disk
>space with the Host MIB. Any advice from actual users on this choice?
>
>http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/software/admin/mon/contrib/monitors/diskspace/

I've tried them all (and written+used one of them) and I can say it mostly
comes down to how much flexibility you want in your disk monitoring vs. how
much flexibility in you configuration you want/need.

My suggestion: download all three, try them out, see which one appeals to
you. It shouldn't take more than an hour to get a feel for all 3 programs.

I'm sure other people have their own methods for watching disk space as
well in mon. I like the host-mib way of doing it though because it is the
most cross-platform of all the ways I have seen (works on any linux that
net-snmpd runs on, plus NT/w2k).

andrew