List:       mojonation-users
Subject:    Re: [Mojonation-users] Error
From:       "Jukka Santala" <donwulff () nic ! fi>
Date:       2000-12-27 20:53:26

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicholas Chase" <nchase@earthlink.net>
To: <mojonation-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 10:30 PM
Subject: [Mojonation-users] Error

> It goes on like this for about 2 hours, until I noticed it and restarted
the
> broker.  It's fine now.

From SourceForge Help folder:

BY: donwulff
DATE: 2000-Dec-24 21:32
SUBJECT: RE: exception while calling asyncore.poll()
This is a "known problem" of sorts in Windows. Unfortunately it hasn't been
solved yet. One solution that will do is going to Configure->Advanced and
set "Maximum Connections" to 40 or so.

The standard compiles of Python libraries on Windows support only 64
concurrent sockets, and the web-interface takes up at least 10 or so. If you
have downloads etc. going on they easily take up another 10.

 -Donwulff

Alternatively, you could recompile your Python libraries to support more
sockets in select() and then recompile MojoNation to use those libraries and
remove the limit on sockets in Windows like I do, but... ;)