List:       mojonation-devel
Subject:    [Mojonation-devel] note about speed
From:       zooko () zooko ! com
Date:       2001-07-27 17:53:35

Here's a note.  Real Hackers who read mojonation-cvs religiously have already read \
it:

--Z

 I've noticed that we could speed things up considerably, as revealed by profiling, \
if there were never any   uses of ascii-encoded mojoids (except of course in the \
http://localhost:4004 URLs and filenames).    I suggest that coders prejudice \
themselves against ascii-encoded mojoids and use binary ones whenver   possible, and \
eventually maybe we can remove all of the CPU -consuming `is_sloppy_id()' and \
`to_ascii' and   `to_binary()' and replace it with simple assertions. (already \
committed to Source Forge)