List:       mod-security-users
Subject:    Re: [mod-security-users] Style question about ModSecurity book 2nd edition
From:       Christian Folini <christian.folini () netnea ! com>
Date:       2017-05-19 6:30:06

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:55:28AM -0400, J Doe wrote:
> Also - thanks for your hard work on the book.  I own both the first
> and second editions and have read them both cover to cover.  Both are
> written in an enjoyable style and had great examples.
>
> I was especially pleased at how usable the 2nd edition was in "beta" -
> some early access programs for tech books leave a lot to be desired,
> but my beta copy of the second edition PDF has been great.
>
> I will certainly recommend the final product as "the" guide to ModSec
> to my colleagues.

Thank you very much. The credit for the usability of the digital
2nd edition goes entirely to Ivan Ristć who reinvested a lot of time
into the scripts that "build" the book. This and a lot of his time
going into technical review.

Glad you enjoy our book project - and happy to hear you will recommend.
Writing a technical book is a labour of love these days. Nobody is
going to earn any money on this book. But every copy sold reduces the
loss a bit.

Best regards,

Christian

--
Any technology that does not appear magical is insufficiently
advanced.