List:       mod-security-users
Subject:    Re: [mod-security-users] Issue facing while configuring SSL inModsecurity
From:       Christian Folini <christian.folini () netnea ! com>
Date:       2016-06-23 10:41:57

Gyana,

Am I getting you right:

- You connect via an Apache/ModSec RP to your tomcat server
- Connection basically works BUT
  - ModSec throws an error with regards to SecDataDir
  - Tomcat throws a java stack trace

I might be might be mistaken, but outside of the non-lethal
ModSec error, your Apache setup works and ModSec lets you
access Tomcat. Tomcat has a serious problem, though.

Usually, this is not related to the setup behind an Apache RP,
but you are connection to Apache via https and then to Tomcat
via http. So at least theoretically, this might be the reason
for the hiccup.

But whatever, the reason, this is the wrong place for Java/Tomcat
problems. Not because we do not want to help you, but because we
lack the expertise.

All things considered, if you see a backend error message when
you connect via an Apache RP, then the Apache RP basically works.

Good luck!

Christian