List:       mod-security-users
Subject:    Re: [mod-security-users] Full file path in logging
From:       Tom Anderson <tanderso () oac-design ! com>
Date:       2008-06-06 16:11:05

Excluding information because you prefer not to see it isn't really fair
to the rest of the users who may need that info.  And like Brian said,
making the log format optional will tend to break log readers and
analysis tools.  Perhaps instead of changing ModSecurity, you should
just write a script which allows you to view the log in a more
personally desirable format.  It's pretty simple to strip out filenames
and replace long description strings with your own shorthand.

Tom