List:       mod-security-users
Subject:    Re: [mod-security-users] v1.9 memory usage problem
From:       "Ivan Ristic" <ivan.ristic () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-28 9:50:31

On 4/23/06, Ivan Ristic <ivan.ristic@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we should focus on the fact 1.9.x with no rules creates
> problems for you where 1.8.7 does not. I will create a special version
> of mod_security for you to test and hopefully we'll locate the
> problem.

We did locate and fix the problem. The fix is now available in
1.9.4-rc1, which was updated to handle some of the more unusual
requests better (these requests caused high memory consumption that
Jim reported). Try this version if you've been experiencing similar
issues. (If not, wait for the "proper" 1.9.4.)

--
Ivan Ristic, Technical Director
Thinking Stone, http://www.thinkingstone.com