List:       mod-security-users
Subject:    [mod-security-users] filtering based on an command result
From:       Jason Edgecombe <jedgecombe () carolina ! rr ! com>
Date:       2006-04-23 2:54:41

I'm looking at using an external tool like crm114 to filter post
requests for comment and trackback spam.

I'm using apache as my web server.

Is there a way with mod_security or something else to block a request
and do something based on the result of the external command (return 403
or set a header)?

I could try to incorporate this into the weblog software, but the server
level solution would share info across app installs and other apps.

Thanks,
Jason Edgecombe