List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    Re: [Moblin Dev] FW: [MeeGo-dev] Video test
From:       "Zheng, Yanshuang" <yanshuang.zheng () intel ! com>
Date:       2010-04-27 3:06:21

Hello,

I have tried on IVI PR final with Z-Star Microelectronics 0x3313 using Cheese, and it \
basically works for me. Share my steps here: 1) Boot system on RV
2) yum install cheese
3) plug usb camera( Z-Star Microelectronics 0x3313 ) into usb port
4) launch cheese from Menu>>Multimedia>>Webcam Booth
5) enjoy it...

I have also tried another usb camera, named Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 (0x990). With \
the same steps as above, cheese has no output with this camera. Check at page \
http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/ that this model may be not well supported by kernel.

There should be also special module needed to driver your usb camera. You could get \
more info about it by cmd 'lshal'. You can also refer to \
http://hardware4linux.info/search/ to check whether your camera is supported or not.

Thanks,
Yanshuang