List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    [Moblin Dev] can't connect to a wep 128-bit passphrase router using
From:       James Richard Sheldon <voyager640 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-25 22:46:09

I just installed Moblin Remix Ubuntu 9.10 and I can't seem to connect
to a WEP 128-bit passphrase router.  In Ubuntu 9.10 with GNOME I can
use network-manager-gnome and it has a WEP 128-bit passphrase router,
but the default wireless application in Moblin seems to lack that
option.

First I tried several different methods to convert the pass-phrase
into hex.  None of those worked.

Then, I tried doing apt-get network-manger-gnome and then typing
nm-applet at the command line.  I get the following errors:
libnotify-Message: GetServerInformation call failed: Too few arguments in reply
libnotify-Message: Error getting spec version

And the applet never appears on the screen.  Perhaps there's a trick
to running a GNOME applet on Moblin?  Perhaps the current wireless
software conflicts with network-manager?  Perhaps there's a way to get
the passphrase to work with the default wireless manager?

Should i report this as a moblin bug?  I reported it as a ubuntu
network-manager-gnome bug but no one has responded to it.

Thanks,

James

--
@ james sheldon