List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    Re: [Moblin Dev] What sensors you lilke?
From:       "Zhang, Xing Z" <xing.z.zhang () intel ! com>
Date:       2009-12-31 5:43:22

Zhang Xin(Wing)
Intel(SSG/OTC) ShangHai China

Actually we focus on sensors improve exciting user experience, such
as accelerometer, compass, gyro ... they are mainly used in mobile platform.
These system management sensors like thermal, fan sensor will not be covered.

>you going to support the in-kernel sensor and comedi framework as well?

Oh, this is a good suggestion. I should support sensor who has already put
its drivers in kernel. And I will also go thru hardware list of comedi to
see proper candidates.

>If so, I would suggest starting to do those two first, and then good
>luck on sucking in everything else, there is a _very_ large body of
>different frameworks out there.

I will limit myself to several widely used sensors first, not tend to
suck in everything:) Hope this could save much effort. Sensor Framework
doesn't intend to replace other frameworks, I just hope people will
choose sensor framework when he wants to bring fashion user experience in
his application by a sensor.

Thanks.