List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    Re: [Moblin Dev] 5 second boot patches.
From:       "Li, Yan" <yan.i.li () intel ! com>
Date:       2009-03-30 3:11:43

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 07:31:28PM +0800, Reilly, Michael wrote:
> I was wondering if there was somewhere that I could get a hold of the patches for \
> the modified init and the modified X server.  I couldn't find an source repository \
> that was still up from September, though I'm certain I've overlooking something \
> very obvious.
> Also, aside from sreadahead, init, and X server, and removing the initrd, what \
> other work was done on the Moblin and Fedora, I'm looking to attempt to reproduce \
> this under a Debian-like.  Is there a white paper that I missed while looking for \
> info on this or something of that nature?

What did you mean Debian-like? Were you targeting for the Debian
official release or just want to make your Debian-running laptop boots
a bit faster?

If it is the former, it is very difficult to make it correct for an
`Universal' distro like Debian.  But sooner or later someone has to do
that.

--
Best regards,
Li, Yan

Moblin Team, Opensource Technology Center, SSG, Intel
Office tel.: +86-10-82171695 (inet: 8-758-1695)
OpenPGP key: ED6192E5
IRC: yanli on network irc.freenode.net