List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    RE: [Moblin Dev] Touch screen not working in JAX10 build
From:       Anthony Wong <mtfever () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-12-19 1:30:42

To express my thankfulness to the community who helps me work through this issue so \
quickly, I want to share with you my note so that in the future, if someone runs into \
the same issue, this will be helpful.

To install touch screen driver for Compal Jax10:

- Download from http://www.ideacom.com.tw/DR_UTS6680.htm
- Copy xorg-compal-jax10.conf to xorg.conf in /etc/X11/.

Method 1: (need to do this every time a new image is created)
- Unpack the download file and store in the image's filesystem
- Connect a mouse and a keyboard with a USB hub
- After the MID is booted, run the setup program.

Method 2: (install into the image, once and for all)
- Unpack the download file
- Store all files(except the setup program) to /usr/local/IDC (create the directory \
                if not existing)
- Store 80touch.sh in /etc/pm/sleep.d/
- store 60-idcts.rules in /etc/udev/rules.d/.
- Store idc6680.conf and idctsc.conf in /etc/.
- Copy the xorg.conf in /etc/X11/. from the MID after method 1 to /etc/X11/. of the \
                target filesystem
- Copy and rename the idctouch_drv.so.x7_3 to \
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/idctouch_drv.so

Anthony