List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    RE: [Moblin Dev] Minimum
From:       "Bryan, Shane" <shane.bryan () intel ! com>
Date:       2008-05-30 4:54:47

On Thu 5/29/2008, Thomas wrote:

> In the "Moblin for IVI - Software Architecture Overview" PDF I read
> under chapter 2.1.3 that a display with 800x600 resolution is required
> for an moblin-based infotainment system. I have to mention that most
> available car TFT only support resolutions of 800x480 what is the de
> facto standard in this environment. In my opinion, it's important to
> change the requirements at this point.

Thomas,

Thank you for being so thorough in your reading of this document and
taking notice of this detail.  It was not the  intention to list only
the 800x600 based resolution, yet it appears some earlier review
comments did not get captured and incorporated into the released
version of the document.

I will pass on this comment and work to enhance the documentation to
more accurately reflect the intention and scope.

We may end up with only the minimum required resolution listed, as the
goal for this document was not to itemize ALL specific HW requirements
as a complete set, but rather what is minimally sufficient to meet the
objectives of the initiative.

I'll reply again when I have a more detailed list of the resolutions
planned for initial support, as well as when you can expect to see an
updated version of the document.

Again, thanks for taking note of this and sharing your experience with
current industry norms with us.  Please feel free to continue using
this forum or the IRC channel to discuss Moblin for IVI related topics.

Regards,

Shane...