List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    [Moblin Dev] New soundmixer control
From:       todd.e.brandt () intel ! com (Brandt, Todd E)
Date:       2007-11-15 0:48:12

I just may, thanks a lot!

________________________________

From: GrueMaster [mailto:gruemaster@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:26 PM
To: Brandt, Todd E
Cc: Spencer, Bob; Lynch, Rusty; dev@moblin.org
Subject: Re: [Moblin Dev] New soundmixer control

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 18:58 -0800, Brandt, Todd E wrote:

Microphone:
I included the Micrphone playback track which includes both volume and
mute capability, it seems to work ok as the input to the mic gets sent
out over the speakers and headphones just fine, however I still haven't
gotten arecord to function yet.

I sent a patch to this mailing list about a month ago for the Q1
Microphone fix.  Not sure if it ever made it into the kernel tree though
(haven't looked).  If you want to try the patch, you can get it here:
http://members.dsl-only.net/~tdavis/alsa-patches/SamsungQ1Vista.patch

It was made for the alsa 1.0.15 tree, so there might be a small issue
applying it to the moblin kernel (which is at alsa 1.0.14).  Personally,
I think the moblin and ubuntu mobile teams should pull alsa 1.0.15 in,
as there is a lot of work that went into lowering power usage and adding
support for new systems (my patch missed the release cut-off - sorry).

-- Tobin Davis

Now I can finally explain to everyone why I do this.  I just got $7
worth
of free stuff for working on Debian !