List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    initrd: the meta-question [Re: [Moblin Dev] Question on initrd]
From:       togo () of ! net (Tony Godshall)
Date:       2007-10-29 10:59:18

On 10/25/07, Kwon, Owen <owen.kwon@intel.com> wrote:
> Hello
>

> I am trying to edit initrd. I managed to find that initrd.img is
> compressed by gzip. But I cannot mount it by loopback. I tried cramfs ,
> ext2 and auto, but it all failed.
>

> How can I mount and edit this initrd?

Others have answered this, but have you asked yourself the
meta-question?

One of the reasons Debian (and thus Ubuntu) development works
so well is that everything is autorebuildable from source and thus
one avoids issues like wanting to edit the initrd manually.

Perhaps it would be advisable to look at how the initrd is built
and use make-kpkg with --initrd instead of messing with the
initrd manually.

Tony