List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    [Moblin Dev] Help getting started with Python..
From:       root () ianlawrence ! info (Ian Lawrence)
Date:       2007-10-23 16:10:46

Hi,
> So first question is, what software do I need?
> - Glade 3
> - Any IDE?
> - Python Interpreter
> - Image Creator of course.
> - Ubuntu
As concerns an IDE I personally use eric and you can install this on an
Ubuntu system by doing:
apt-get install eric

There are lots of other IDE's available that you can use too however. One
notable one that is under fairly heavy development for hildon desktop
development is pyphantom http://pyphantom.garage.maemo.org/ which I have
been using recently to develop hildon desktop plugins for MID devices

> Is it out of the question for someone to knock up a basic template of what

Have look at the downstream documentation on application development
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UMEGuide/ApplicationDevelopment

There is also some info available at http://umeguides.net maybe check this
out

> 4. Finally, where do all of these files I make need to live.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UMEGuide/ApplicationDevelopment/AnatomyOfUMEPythonApplication

Hope this helps
regards
Ian
--
"Todos os animais s?o iguais, mas alguns animais s?o mais iguais do que os
outros""

http://ianlawrence.info