List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    [Moblin Dev] moblin-media and midbrowser .desktop file changes
From:       bill.filler () canonical ! com (Bill Filler)
Date:       2007-10-22 18:57:59

Carl,
The Hildon framework/window manager only knows about desktop files
in /usr/share/applications. A lot of functions defined in libhildonwm
will not work if these desktop files are not correct (especially the
StartupWMClass attribute). Bob Spencer and I have discussed removing
the desktop files from /usr/share/mobile-basic-flash/applications as
it's confusing/error prone having desktop files in both places. I
believe this change will be made moving forward..

Bill

On Oct 22, 2007, at 5:09 PM, Wong, Carl wrote:

> Btw, I thought the desktop files in /usr/share/application only
> used if you are invoking the app via hildon's main menu. But in our
> current UI, we don't have the main menu.  Do we really need these
> files? Shouldn't we update the desktop files in /usr/share/mobile-
> basic-flash/applications instead?
>
> Carl

>>> changed (the StartupWMClass is wrong). Can you guys please update
>>> the
>>> source for moblin-media and midbrowser? They should look like the
>>> following:
>>>
>>> [Desktop Entry]
>>> Version=1.0
>>> Encoding=UTF-8
>>> Name=Moblin Media
>>> Comment=Moblin Media
>>> Exec=moblin-media
>>> Icon=mobile_player
>>> StartupNotify=true
>>> Type=Application
>>> Categories=GTK;Application;Utility
>>> StartupWMClass=MoblinMedia.py
>>> X-Osso-Service=org.moblin.media.service
>>>
>>> [Desktop Entry]
>>> Encoding=UTF-8
>>> Name=Mobile Web Browser
>>> Comment=Browse the Web
>>> GenericName=Web Browser
>>> Exec=midbrowser %u
>>> Terminal=false
>>> X-MultipleArgs=false
>>> Type=Application
>>> Icon=midbrowser
>>> Categories=Application;Network;
>>> MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/
>>> xml;application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml;application/rss+xml;application/
>>> rdf+xml;image/gif;image/jpeg;image/png
>>> StartupWMClass=gecko
>>> StartupNotify=true
>>> Name[sv]=Webbl?saren Midbrowser
>>> Comment[sv]=Surfa p? webben