List:       mms
Subject:    Re: Seg fault with Lirc
From:       Kiko Uehara <kikofx () nifty ! com>
Date:       2005-05-12 21:18:39

Miika Räisänen <mraisane@nic.fi> writes:

> Also playing mp3s with alsaplayer does not work at all. It ends with
> message "illegal instruction", but mp3s works fine with xinelib so
> thats not a big deal. :P

I'm not sure this relate to your problem, but..
Do you use alsa in .mm/config/audio_output_type ?

Passing "alsa" as device string for alsaplayer in command line gives
me this:
------------
# alsaplayer -d alsa
ALSA lib pcm.c:2093:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM alsa
snd_pcm_open: No such file or directory (alsa)
Failed to initialize plugin!
Failed to register plugin: /usr/lib/alsaplayer/output/libalsa_out.so
Failed to load output plugin "alsa". Trying defaults.
ALSA lib pcm.c:2093:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM alsa
snd_pcm_open: No such file or directory (alsa)
Failed to initialize plugin!
/usr/lib/alsaplayer/output/libalsa_out.so failed to load
------------

However, correct device string to use alsa is "default".
# alsaplayer -d default
This runs alsaplyer without any errors.

But If i put "audio_output_type = default" in mms config,
------------
Failed to load output plugin "default". Trying defaults.
ALSA lib pcm.c:2093:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM /dev/dsp
snd_pcm_open: No such file or directory (/dev/dsp)
Failed to initialize plugin!
/usr/lib/alsaplayer/output/libalsa_out.so failed to load

So I ended up using "audio_output_type = oss" which let me listen
shoutcast stream pretty nice on mms without any errors.

Thanks,
-kiko