List:       mms
Subject:    Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: 1.0.1-patch-4 (expl. DVB-out)
From:       Julian Flake <julian.flake () uni-dortmund ! de>
Date:       2005-02-26 14:31:42

Anders Rune Jensen wrote:
> Ok new stuff in patch-25. Please try it. I think the reason why there

hi,

as i mentioned three days before, dvbout works for me in general. That
means, i can compile, and run succesfully mms dvb-enabled.
I only had one problem:
when i tried to start watching a movie via mplayer, i got a segfault.
I found out, that it was possible to me to start mplayer, if i insert a
little pause of one second, before mpeg_deinit() is invoked in
Dvb::deinit. I had no time yet, to start deeper investigations, and
perhaps you have an idea, where this segfault comes from, but this
little change helped me, to use another nice userful feature of mms.
But i don't think, that is this a solution ofthe real problem.

21,24d20
<   //workaround to avoid segfault when starting e.g. mplayer
<   ::sleep(1); //perhaps a higher value necessary on slower systems
<               //perhaps no sleep necessary on faster systems

Btw. i had rendering times like : <dvb complete draw: 278 ms>...

but now i have another problem, which i can't solve. when i return to
mms from watching a movie via mplayer, sometimes it happens, that mms
only draws the upper half of the screen, the lower half remains black.
Any idea?

>   ioctl(fd_video,VIDEO_SET_BLANK, false);
>   ioctl(fd_video,VIDEO_SELECT_SOURCE, VIDEO_SOURCE_MEMORY);
>   ioctl(fd_video,VIDEO_PLAY);

the usage and non-usage of each of this three lines has no effect on my
system. But i could imagine, that at least the source-selection could be
necessary, when i start my pc from cold. What i mean is, that perhaps my
card has remembered its last settings.

but nevertheless great work! respect!

greetings,
Julian