List:       mms
Subject:    Re: DXR3 output quality with 1.0-rc1
From:       "Rett D. Walters" <rettw () rtwnetwork ! com>
Date:       2005-01-17 15:32:09

Sorry - My mail client for some reason is converting stuff
to DOS file format when I download it.  A quick dos2unix
on the .diff file fixed the issue - sorry for the
brain-fart.

I will let you know how the patches work.

Rett

>> Hmm I have been seeing something related to this. The
>> audio information in the
>> buttom of the screen seems to be redrawed incorrectly,
>> like there is several
>> layers on top of each other. I will have a look in the
>> code and see if I can
>> spot the error.

> Could you try the attached patch and see if it helps? If
> not please
> describe exactly where it happens (like in the startmenu
> on the last
> menu item and I press down). Thank you.

I have attempted to apply your patch, but it doesn't seem
to want to apply for some reason:

> regulus mmsv2-1.0-rc1 # patch < overlay-cleanup-fix.diff
patching file audio.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2039.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 2235.
audio.cpp.rej
patching file common.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 354.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 652.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 695.
common.cpp.rej
patching file image.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 98.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 111.
image.cpp.rej
patching file movie.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 808.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
movie.cpp.rej
patching file renderer.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 131.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 169.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 190.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 446.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 485.
renderer.cpp.rej
patching file renderer.hpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 98.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
renderer.hpp.rej
patching file sdlout.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 76.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 89.
sdlout.cpp.rej
regulus mmsv2-1.0-rc1 #

I am attempted to directly patch the rc-1 source tree as
downloaded.  I wonder if the file is getting botched
somehow.

Rett