List:       mms
Subject:    Re: 1.0 RC1 Suggestions
From:       Anders Rune Jensen <arj () cs ! aau ! dk>
Date:       2005-01-07 20:47:33

Quoting "Rett D. Walters" <rettw@rtwnetwork.com>:

> Congrats on 1.0-RC1 - Its looking good.

Thank you for the kind words.

> I have some suggestions that maybe could be incorporated
> into the next version....
>
> 1. Load MP3s from directories by track # in ID3 header,
> instead of alphabetically.

Never had the problem since all mine are named <track>_<name>, but I can see the
problem otherwise. Added to TODO.

> ( I listen to a lot of concept albums that are best played
> in order, start to finish.)
>
> 2. I have alot of OpenDML avi's (>2.0GB) on DVD-R's using
> a UDF file system.  It appears that MMS is accessing these
> as normal ISO9660 FS's thus causing them not to work
> properly. FS detection or fall through would be nice.

mms just mounts the drives using mount /path, so its probably because you have
something like this in /etc/fstab?

/dev/cdroms/cdrom0      /mnt/cdrom      iso9660         noauto,ro              0
0

Not really sure how to detect it automaticly.

> 3. Menu Support for 16x9 aspect ratios, ie 960x540, etc.

:-)

--
Anders Rune Jensen