List:       mms
Subject:    Status update
From:       Anders Rune Jensen <anders () gnulinux ! dk>
Date:       2004-04-21 20:20:57

Hi all

mmsv2 has just passed the 10000'th URL hit on freshmeat[1], thanx to all
the people who have helped get this far. Don't forget to vote if you
havn't yet :)

A new release is almost done, I'm implementing the last feature,
properly working search. I've implemented support for using Xine as
audio player instead of alsaplayer. This should cut down on the
dependencies and introduce some more flexibility. Xine supports AAC
(mp4) which alsaplayer doesn't and Xine can be used as a lib, instead of
a process making it easier to control. I still needs to test the next
release more extensively once I get the last feature nailed down. There
is still some translations that needs to be updated for the next
release.

[1] http://freshmeat.net/projects/mmsv2/

--
Anders Rune Jensen