List:       mlmmj
Subject:    Re: [mlmmj] text template bug in Ubuntu package
From:       Thomas Goirand <thomas () goirand ! fr>
Date:       2010-10-12 11:24:31

Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/10/11 Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr>:
>
>> What would help is to join the alioth project, and
>> use the git repository that I setup there to do the
>> packaging. There's also a mailing list there, so
>> please join it too. Then we can do the packaging
>> together (I don't think it's relevant to have a
>> single person responsible for the MLMMJ package
>> anymore).
>
> sure. How do I do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Florian

Go to http://alioth.debian.org, then get a new account. If you choose
"username", then you will be granted access with "username-guest". Then
request to join the project pkg-mlmmj, and tell me that you do so, so
that I can approve you in it. Then you should send a mail to
pkg-mlmmj-devel-requests@ to register to the list. You can also clone
the project:

git clone http://git.debian.org/pkg-mlmmj/mlmmj.git

There's currently 4 branches: debian-lenny, debian-sid, upstream-lenny,
 upstream-sid. Each debian-* branch contains only the debian folder. I
don't have a branch for lenny yet, but I should have. Then you can use
git-buildpackage to build it. Something like that would do:

git-buildpackage --git-upstream-branch=upstream-sid \
	--git-debian-branch=debian-sid

Note that currently, we can't send anything to SID, as Squeeze is
frozen. Only updates (eg: bugfixes) for Squeeze has to be sent to the
Git, otherwise, we can upload to Experimental.

When you have a patch, best is to use "git format-patch" and send it to
the list, so that I can review and accept the patch.

Let me know when you have more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
Maybe best would be to discuss about Debian packaging in the
pkg-mlmmj-devel list...

Thomas