List:       mlmmj
Subject:    Re: mlmmj: sends welcome E-mail when 'submod' is enabled
From:       Sebastian Harl <sh () tokkee ! org>
Date:       2009-03-16 16:46:11

Hi Morten,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 04:55:53PM +0100, Morten K. Poulsen wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 10:21 +0100, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> > Imho, it's not even desired that moderation should take place when
> > adding a user from the command line.
>
> I agree, but there should be a flag to enable moderation even if the
> command line tool is used.

Yep - fully agreed. To not break backward-compatibility (if that's
desired), a flag could be added to _disable_ moderation while the
default behavior would still be to have moderation enabled.

> > In any case, it would be nice if the user does not get any E-mails
> > unless -c is used.
>
> Yes, although this is difficult (with the current design) if
> subscription moderation is in use.

I have to admit that I did not yet look at the mlmmj internals at all,
but, I suppose, the current state of a subscription (before it has been
approved by the moderator) needs to be stored somewhere. So, possibly,
that place could be used to store additional flags as well.

> It would be great if you (or someone else) would write the code, and
> send us a patch :)

Sure. I might get to that later this week.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Cheers,
Sebastian