List:       mlmmj
Subject:    Re: Fw: footer isn't appended to multipart messages (part II:  reality check!)
From:       Neale Pickett <neale () woozle ! org>
Date:       2005-10-11 12:55:23

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 03:30 am, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> > DIR/control/mimeencapsulate seems like the TUNABLE for it :-)
>
> something like footer_use_mime sounded logical for me, as it's only used
> if there's a footer, but I don't really care about that.

What if you call it control/mime_footer, which would supercede control/footer
and contain a full MIME part?  For instance:

  This is the snot mail list.  To unsubscribe, send a message with
  the subject "UNSUBSCIBE" to every member of the list, individually.

The advantage here would be that you could make the footer anything you like:
it could be HTML, or a PNG, or even a multipart/alternative with all three.

If you wanted to be super spiff about it, you could check to make sure there's
a header block in the file and if not prepend the Content-Type: text/plain
part.

Call me crazy,

Neale