List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] lavplay does not work
From:       Janos G Komaromi <janos () jankom ! net>
Date:       2016-12-18 8:33:26

Hi Berni,

On 12/18/2016 12:53 AM, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:

> What was the setting when you did record the audio signal ? I would
> guess that it was mono and 8Bit Samples and 44.1kHz samplerate. I
> haven't seen such a setup long time ago. It can be that lavplay/glav
>  have problems (=bug) playing such a audio stream back. Can you try
> recording in Stereo, 16Bit and 44.1kHz ? And see if that makes any
> difference ?
I'm away from home till early March. Will do this test then and report
on the result.
> You can split the audio and video with lavtrans, and add a WAV file
> to the video with lavaddwav.
I like the simplicity of video editing of glav. It suits well what I
need to do. Other video editing softwares have too many features. This
is why sound is important for me when doing cuts or splits.

Thanks and regards,
Janos