List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] lavplay does not work
From:       jankomEarthlink <janosk () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2016-11-24 4:00:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Sorry for the late reaction and thanks. I was traveling.

Bernhard Praschinger wrote:
 > You can change the check in the configure script:

This really helped. Not changing the script, but studying and trying to
understand the entire thing. In fact, I found the problem!
SOLUTION: I did not have the SDL development rpm installed, so after
installing it software encoder was included.
As I mentioned before, this is now a completely restored FC -3
installation, and I have failed to install all development packages. In
the past this was not a problem, because when I bastardized the system I
installed components by compiling source codes. Again, I have learned
something. Thank you for your patience and guidance.

> Did you try downloading the latest (or newer) mjpeg-tools tar.gz package
unpacking it to a folder and try t compile it ?

Not yet, I hope my system will work as it is. It did work in the past. All I'm trying \
to do is to create a "normal", not "bastardized" system, and only install additional \
source codes if they are not part of the original set-up, such as video editing.

NEW PROBLEM: Now that I compiled again glav works, it plays the test.avi file I \
captured from my video recorder. However, there is no sound. I had this problem \
before, and at the time the solution was not to over-modulate the sound while \
recording, i.e. to keep capture volume low. This time no matter what I do with \
recording levels glav has no sound. I can play the video clip with xine, the sound is \
fine (louder or softer depending on the setting at capture), but glav produces no \
sound. Any suggestions? Could this be something like not having some devel rpm \
installed? When I compiled mjpegtools everything was OK (configure, make, make check, \
make install). Just to summarize: streamer does record an avi file with video and \
audio content that can play normally in xine, however glav only shows video without \
sound.

P.S. One other thing: I did not get email from the mailing list, so I copied and \
pasted the last message from the web site.