List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] lavrec and DC10 (zr36067) - used to work but doesn't any more
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2013-03-25 17:06:38

Hallo

mksoft wrote:
>> I know that this just working around the problem that lavrec does not
>> support v4l2. By now we didn't find anybody that would change lavrec. ;)
>
> I'm pretty sure that this is far beyond my programming skills but still
> I feel tempted to ask:
>
> How much effor is that expected to be? Would someone need deep knowledge
> of the V4L1, V4L2 and lavrec-system to "port" it to v4l2?

If you dive it into parts like:
getting a idea about v4l1
understanding the current code,
getting a idea about v4l2
transforming the code
testing
you can get a feeling for the project

It can be as simple as just changing the calls, but I fear that there
can be some hidden traps. I also think that some parts are already changed.
The code is well organized and documented, so the understanding the
current code shouldn't be that hard.

If you are interested want please give it a try.
I can help with testing.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at