List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] lav2yuv scene detection
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2012-01-18 16:47:06

Hallo

> I've used http://sourceforge.net/projects/mjpeg/files/mjpegtools/2.0.0/mjpegtools-2.0.0.tar.gz,
> installed it by command `./configure&&  make&&  sudo make install` and
> got error "error while loading shared libraries:
> libmjpegutils-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory" when calling 'lav2yuv'
But with your distribution you did not have installed the mjpegtools
before ?

Wen you go into the directory where you did run the configure and make,
please go into the utils/.libs directory and check if there are the
files that start with libmjpeg*

Was everything compiled sucessfully ? If not please run configure again.
It would be interesting to find out if it was a compilor error, or
something different.

> Then I find a package
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mjpeg/files/mjpegtools/2.0.0/mjpegtools-2.0.0-1.i586.rpm
> and installed it on Ubuntu 11.04  by command `alien -i *.rpm`. Now all
> is ok.
Glad to hear, I think Ubuntu has precompiled packages.

> Another question, google didn't helped me: how I can convert any video
> file to mjpeg format, or flv to mjpeg?
Mplayer is your friend.

In the mjpegtools doumentation you should find the hints and examples:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/mjpeg/index.php?title=Creating_videos_from_other_sources

You basically have to play back the video and feed it into yuv2lav or
mpeg2enc.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at