List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Hello, pb with lavtools with new kernel
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2011-07-16 10:37:01

Hallo

> first, sorry il my english not so good (i'm french)
> Since v4l1 interface has been removed from new kernels, the lavtools
> very useful tools lavrec in not useable with a zoran dc10plus.
> it's because the use of ioctls from v4l1 like this :
>
> (ioctl(settings->video_fd, VIDIOCSCHAN, &vch)
>
> and VIDIOSCHAN isn't present in newer kernels (since 2.6.38 or something
> like that)
> will this point be corrected in future versions or will lavrec definitly
> not work with zoran dc10plus ?
> i have try withe the 2.0.0 version of mjpegtools, and a make don't even
> compile lavrec and lavplay (because of the abscence of videodev.h, witch
> will not exists anymore in kernels)
There exist two ways round that problem.
Compile a kernel yourself and apply the that patch from Klaus Stengel
you find here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=1306003814.3813.29.camel%40aquila.nathanet.lan&forum_name=mjpeg-developer

Or you can use that patch from the tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3306829&group_id=5776&atid=305776
apply it to the mjpegtools.  So the mjpegtools use a helper library, to
access the card.
Either way should work. I guess that patching the mjpegtools is the
easier way.
There is currently no easy way around the problem.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard