List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Error with Lavrec and BT848
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2010-12-18 7:28:28

Hallo

Please subscribe to the list, else you won't get all replys and your
mails need to be approved by the mailinglist admin.

matrobriva@libero.it wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> When I try to capture a video with my Conexant BT848 capture card, I get this
> error:
>
> ** ERROR: [lavrec] Error queuing buffers: Device or resource busy
>
> The command I used is
>
> lavrec - software-encoding - format = a - input = P - quality = 100 - geometry
> = 912x576 file.avi
What command did you use ?
One thing I would really change is the geometry setting to 720x576, or
for testing purposes to 352x288 (PAL) the geometry setting you use is
very uncommon.

One other thing is that you can't view the video during recording. So
pease stop all video viewing software (like xawtv).

Are you aware that the input P chooses the 2nd input of the bttv card ?
Is that the correct input ? The input selection is different for zoran
and bttv based cards.

For testing purposes please use a quality lower than 100%, something
like 80 is enough if recording works well you can use higher settings.

So please use a command like that:
lavrec -f a -i P -g 352x288 -q 80 -a 0 -v 2 \
  --software-encoding test.avi

That records the video without the audio, to confirm that you don't have
any problems with the audio card.
You can than go up with the quality size and add sound recording so you
know more exact where the problem is.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at