List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Audio problem with lavplay...
From:       jankom () aaahawk ! com
Date:       2010-04-18 23:34:23

Hi to all,

I finally found the solution to the problem I posted nearly three years ago:
> ... I compiled mjpegtools 1.9 after removing the Redhat livna rpm. Now
> I have the -U option in glav or lavplay. HOWEVER, I still have no sound. I
> can hear short snippets of sound, but basically the video clip is silent.

The reason for this and for the memory mapping crash is unrelated to glav or
lavplay. It is due to mixer setting. As I stated before, I'm new (5 yeears now) to
Linux, a slow learner, and have not too much time to play and experiment.

THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM WAS

The recorded sound was over-modulated. This is why glav and lavplay either
crashed or complained about memory mapping, and this is why the -U option
did noT help. The short snippets of sound were evidences of the too loud
recording.

Apparently mplayer is tolerant of this and therefore I though my recording was
OK.

Janos
a.k.a. jankom