List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] jpeg2yuv crashes with >=jpeg-7.0
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2010-01-24 6:33:09

Hallo

[...]
>>> It compiles just fine against any version of jpeg, but if compiled
>>> against versions 7 and above, it crashes.
>> That sounds bad.
>> Did you test is with the orginal jpeg lib (http://www.ijg.org) too ?
>> Seems that we need to do some test.
>>
>> Do the two patches in the link solve the problems ?
[...]
> Actually I just figured it out last night what needed to be done.
> Apparently jpeg-7 aand above no longer set dinfo.do_fancy_upsmapling to
> FALSE automatically when setting dinfo.raw_data_out to TRUE. It must now
> be done explicitly. (The same seems to apply for raw_data_in and
> do_fancy_downsampling as well )
Thanks for the patch, it does not seem to break anything in the old
version on my system. I have added the patch to the CVS.

The fixed version will be available in the next release. I think about a
next release in may. Because the mjpegtools were registered in May 2000
on Sourceforge.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at