List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] latest change to cpuinfo.sh breaks build on MacOS
From:       "Steven M. Schultz" <sms () 2BSD ! COM>
Date:       2009-08-31 22:03:33

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Christian Ebert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I believe it must be the last change to cpuinfo.sh that breaks
> compilation on MacOS X:

> configure:   - arch/cpu compiler flags       : -march=core2 -mtune=core2

	Seems some versions of gcc have sprouted a new cpu type that is not
	accepted by gcc on OSX 10.5.8.

> $ sw_vers
> ProductName:	Mac OS X
> ProductVersion:	10.5.8

	Got your 10.6 on order ? :-)

> Let me know if you need more info.

	I should have tested the change.  Looked simple enough but broke
	things as you notice for cpu type 23 (which is what the 2.93GHz
	T9800 in the notebook has).

	A change was checked in to do a test compile and force $proc back to
	"nocona" if the 'core2' is rejected.

	Works fine now.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz