List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] mplex fail......
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2009-06-04 17:37:17

Hallo

>> I tried to run mplex in gdb mode and do backtrace, but this was my first
>> time using 'gdb' - Is this enough?
>>
>> gdb --args mplex -f 8 -S 0 -M -o test.mpeg2 test.m2v test_EN.m2a
>> GNU gdb 6.8-debian
>> Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
[...]
>> Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
>> [Switching to Thread 0xb7d746d0 (LWP 18438)]
>> 0xb8030efa in MPAStream::Init () from /usr/lib/libmplex2-1.9.so.0
>> (gdb) backtrace
>> #0  0xb8030efa in MPAStream::Init () from /usr/lib/libmplex2-1.9.so.0
>> #1  0xb8034965 in Multiplexor::InitInputStreamsForVideo () from
>> /usr/lib/libmplex2-1.9.so.0
>> #2  0xb80350e1 in Multiplexor::InitInputStreams () from
>> /usr/lib/libmplex2-1.9.so.0
>> #3  0xb80352b0 in Multiplexor::Multiplexor () from
>> /usr/lib/libmplex2-1.9.so.0
>> #4  0x0804a52c in ?? ()
>> #5  0xb7d8b775 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
>> #6  0x08049451 in ?? ()
>> (gdb)
Nothing to obvious.

> Hello again!
> I found some information about problems with binary package of mjpegtools in
> ubuntu 9.04 on amd architecture:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mjpegtools/+bug/351017
> Then I downloaded the source of mjpegtools 1.9.0 and I compiled and
> installed the program.
> And now when I use the own-compiled version of mplex I have no errors...
> So thank you for your help, I think this is not already problem for this
> forum...
Compiling from source would have been the next suggestion. Seems that I
need to creccomend that earlier.

 From what I have read in the link you posted it seems to be a problem
when they have built the package.

It would be interesting if the RPM Package on SF has the same problem.
I just wrote the note on the site you have mentioned.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard