List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Some noob questions...
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2009-01-23 16:26:37

Hallo

> thanks! The things are slowly dawning on me now... (was a bit confusing for a
> beginner)
>
> 1. lav... is for MJPEG
Right, ist is for reading the source files.

> 2. mpeg...  is for MPEG
Is for video encoding

> 3. yuv... and y4m... are more or less the same, I can use yuv... and y4m tools
> together without recoding in between.
yuv* files do just something with the video stream.
y4m can do seomthing with the video, but can also read source files and
generate a yuv output.

> I also managed to get my DV stuff, captured with dvgrab, through the
> stabilizer like this:
>
> lav2yuv aaa.avi | yuvdeinterlace | y4mstabilizer | yuvplay
>
> Works without yuvdeinterlace too, but gives mice teeth...
That should work.

> I guess yuv2lav would be the tool to get back to DV, but what options should I
> use to get something that "kino" would eat?
You don't come back to DV with yuv2lav.
I don't know who to generate it with the mjpegtools.
I know that kino can import it. kino converts it to a DV file from a
mjpeg encoded file using ffmpeg.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at