List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    [Mjpeg-users] again: loading new editlist in lavplay
From:       richard <tubbz () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2008-11-09 4:08:37

Hello again,

My question about loading eli files has not been answered yet.
People seem to think that this it is impossible to load different files
in lavplay while running it.
However I have succesfully done so with the command

lavplay /path/to/firtsmovie.avi

and then typing in the running lavplay xterm

ea /path/to/secondmovie.avi -1
enter

only in lavplay not in glav.
the video loads at the beginning, before the firstmovie

so now my question is
how to load en editlist instead of a movie.
I know you can load several editlists at startup
but that's not what I'm looking for.

the lavplay manpage says it's possible:

om editlist [N1 N2 [N3 N4]]

Opens a movie or editlist. A  second  and  third argument  can specify
to only open a specific range of frames from this video (N1=-1 means
whole video). N3 and N4 can specify to show only a specific range of
frames from the frames which were just opened (useful for trimming).

there is something about thes options in lavplay.c
line 334
but it seems as if it's not om but just the o that it's looking for
and when I try
o /path/to/editlist.eli -1
I get the same result as with om
"No such file or directory"
I also found that the function lavplay_open is in liblavplay.c
line 2636

unfortunately I am not able to understand all that is happening in these
files and I also cannot find what the correct command should be to load
an editlist in lavplay. But it is there...

greetings Richard

Hallo

> I am trying to load a new editlist in to lavplay without stopping
> lavplay. In the lavplay manpage I found some information but it
doesn't
> seem to work as I expected.
That does not work.
(There is no load file button in glav also)

> Using
> ea /path/to/video.avi -1
> does work, but only for movies, not editlists.
lavplay corrs_kurz.avi ccr.eli

That works here.

> om editlist [N1 N2 [N3 N4]] seems like the solution
> but when I try it I always get something like
> Ready...**ERROR: [lavplay] Error
> opening  /home/richard/VJcollect/Berlijn/metro_mensen.eli -1
> ???: No such file or directory
>
> I've tried:
[...]
> but all with the same result
>
> can someone tell me how to get it right?
I from what I have understood that you want to do. I think the solution
is that you cut a file and save it as editlist. And in a 2nd step you
load all editslist files and/or single files and do your 2nd step.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard

challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world

End of Mjpeg-users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 2