List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Can't see vcr stream with xawtv or another program
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2008-11-01 5:34:31

Hallo

> I recorded and saw a vhs!
>
> I used lavrec, as suggested by an Italian guy.
>
> Now I'm trying to get the best from lavrec, because the video and the
> audio are very bad, by now.
Depends on the quality of the VCR, usually you only get rather low
quality from a vcr.
If you have a extra sound card use it, the onboard sound card has
typically also a rather low quality.

If you post your lavrec command we can help further, and give
recommendations. A quality stetting between 50 to 85 should give you the
quality you can get from a vcr.
If the picture is not stable a TBC (time base correction) Unit will help
but they are rather expensive. If you look for a good one like: Kramer
FC-400.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at