List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] DC30plus[0] no TV decoder loaded for device!
From:       Martin Samuelsson <sam () home ! se>
Date:       2008-07-30 0:00:57

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:26:37 +0100
"Jonathan Walmsley" <jonathan.walmsley@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This has been doing my nut for weeks.  I have a Pinnacle miroDC30+ installed
> on openSUSE 11.0.  Each time I attempt to use the device I get various I/O
> errors.  dmesg tells me that there's no TV decoder loaded.  I'm loading
> using modprobe zr36067 and lsmod gives:

It could be useful to know which kernel version you're running, too, and if it ever \
worked.

The behavior of my test box changed with 2.6.26; PCI devices were detected in reverse \
order compared to 2.6.25. That actually improved my case somewhat, as my two \
conflicting cards suddenly conflicted a little bit less.

In my case, I had two different video decoders on two different cards, but the i2c \
subsystem mixed them up because they listened to the same address, albeit on two \
different i2c buses.

Whether that's what've bitten you or not, I don't know.

/Sam