List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] mjpegtools (fwd)
From:       "Steven M. Schultz" <sms () 2BSD ! COM>
Date:       2007-12-02 17:21:56

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Gernot Ziegler wrote:

> Hej !
>
> Sorry, not involved anymore, but I forward the e-mail :-)

	More important than the specific model of Intel cpu (E6750) would
	be the version of mjpegtools being used.

> No matter what CFLAGS I pass to the configure script, it insists that I am
> running a pentium-m processor, and the compile crashes because it complains

	That sounds like an older version of mjpegtools.  Use the CVS version.
	The CVS version knows about 'nocona' - that's what is in the Core2 Duo
	MacBookPro.

> I have tried -march-nocona -mtune=nocona, but mjpegtools completey ignores any
> parameters passed to it!

	Did you see and try the "--with-extra-cflags" option?  That can be
	used to override options.

	Recent version (cvs) of mjpegtools should detect the nocona processor
	type but if that doesn't happen then try:

	    --with-extra-cflags="-march=nocona -mtune=nocona"

	Steven Schultz