List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Compiling Problem
From:       "Steven M. Schultz" <sms () 2BSD ! COM>
Date:       2007-07-30 23:57:35

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:

> I have a strange problem compiling the mjpegtools on my debian.
> With gcc: 4.1.2 20061115
>
> It failes with that error:
> Making all in y4mdenoise
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/bernhard/download/cvs/mjpeg_play/y4mdenoise'
> if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I/usr/local/include -I../utils
>    -DNDEBUG -finline-functions -fno-PIC -march=pentium-m
> -mtune=pentium-m -g -O2 -pthread  -MT newdenoise.o -MD -MP -MF
> ".deps/newdenoise.Tpo" -c -o newdenoise.o newdenoise.cc; \
>          then mv -f ".deps/newdenoise.Tpo" ".deps/newdenoise.Po"; else
> rm -f ".deps/newdenoise.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
> MotionSearcher.hh: In instantiation of 'MotionSearcher<unsigned char, 1,
> int, short int, int, 4, 2, short unsigned int, Pixel<unsigned char, 1,
> int>, ReferencePixel<short unsigned int, unsigned char, 1,
> Pixel<unsigned char, 1, int> >, ReferenceFrame<ReferencePixel<short
> unsigned int, unsigned char, 1, Pixel<unsigned char, 1, int> >, short
> int, int> >::MatchThrottleFloodFillControl':
> MotionSearcher.hh:507:   instantiated from 'MotionSearcher<unsigned
> char, 1, int, short int, int, 4, 2, short unsigned int, Pixel<unsigned
> char, 1, int>, ReferencePixel<short unsigned int, unsigned char, 1,
> Pixel<unsigned char, 1, int> >, ReferenceFrame<ReferencePixel<short
> unsigned int, unsigned char, 1, Pixel<unsigned char, 1, int> >, short
> int, int> >'
> newdenoise.cc:32:   instantiated from here
> MotionSearcher.hh:2444: internal compiler error: in tsubst, at cp/pt.c:7226
> Please submit a full bug report,
> ---END---
>
> Than I have used the older g++ 3.3 and than I was able to compile it.
> Is that problem more g++ related or more to the y4mdenoise ?

	Searching the mjpeg-users mailinglist archive (put y4mdenoise into
	the search box) gives a number of results with "Compile error" in
	the subject.

	Here is the first one (which also lists some possible workarounds):

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=eqj7om%24a15%241%40sea.gmane.org

	It's not a new problem.  Looks like it is a  g++ compiler bug.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz